Thursday, June 3, 2010

Interview Thursdays

Happy Thursday, readers!

Each Thursday, I'm going to interview one of my favorite Etsy sellers. I'm going to try to pick someone each week that I've purchased from so I can give a little bit of a review, too.

This week, there is a special BONUS at the end so be sure to check it out! ;)

This week, I interviewed Lisa Rusmiselle of EYESview. She makes wonderful collage image sets to make Scrabble pendants and much more. She has a great selection of designs and is always adding more. EYESview is my favorite shop to buy pictures for my Scrabble pendants. Lisa offers many different sizes and always emails them very quickly. I've never had so much as a formatting problem with her images.

I interviewed Lisa yesterday and I really enjoyed reading what she had to say. It's so nice to get to know an Etsy artist better!

1. Please tell me about yourself (background, interests, how you got into digital art, etc.)

I'm Lisa and I am a work from home mom. I have 3 handsome boys (13,10 and 10) and am married to John an amazing, supportive husband. I am an avid digital scrap booker, I love photography, and I am a late blooming artist. I am a bit of a new comer to digital art.


I started my venture into the digital art world when I stumbled onto digital scrap booking. I was a traditional scissors paper scrapper for years but when I saw digital I was HOOKED. I sold off all of my stamps and scrap booking supplies and used the money to buy a new computer with LOTS of Ram and found a copy of Photoshop elements on Ebay. I learned the basics of digital scrap booking and then decided I wanted learn to make those kits. I self taught myself on Photoshop elements and then I upgrade to Photoshop CS3. Then I discovered Scrabble tile necklaces on Etsy. I was amazed by all the images and decided that I wanted to make those; they reminded me of little tiny scrapbook pages. I plunged head first into Photoshop illustrator took classes online and locally and I fell head over heals in love with digital art.

2. What can you tell me about your store? What types of items can one find there? How long have you been in business?

My store is a bit on the eclectic side; you will find a wide variety of images. I try very hard to have something for everyone. The bulk of my shop is made up of Collage sheets I am currently expanding into Digital Clip art and doing more Scrap booking kits. I am also trying to get every collage sheet I have into all sizes I offer until then I do offer free resizing if a size that is not listed is needed. I have been in business on Etsy for 1 year and it has been an AMAZING year!!! I have been so blessed to meet so many wonderful and kind people!

3. What or who inspires you?

Pretty much anything and everything inspires me. I am a “Color junkie” I just LOVE color! Right now I am having a pretty big love affair with blue/brown and pink/ brown, such gorgeous combinations!! One of my favorite artists is Charlie Harper, I was first introduced to his art in a science book I had in elementary school that was full of his illustrations. His illustrations are full of Clean lines and very contemporary in style. I just loved flipping through that book looking at all the pictures of birds, animals, and plants. You will find his art has inspired some of mine.

4. Where would you like to see your business go in the future?

I would love to see my business continue to grow and expand in new directions. This is what I do; it’s not just a hobby. I spend LOTS of time while the boys are in school and after they go to bed working on making new graphics. I have to admit it feels more like “playing” than working most of the time. I am in LOVE with making art. I am continually taking classes to hone my skills and learn new things that I can use to enhance my business. Etsy is an AMAZING place with lots of wonderful artists and I am so lucky to be apart of it.

Here is an example of the images Lisa offers. I love this one!
BONUS!! Like what you see at EYESview? The first person who comments on this post will receive 1 FREE sheet of images (up to a $2.50 value)! Just include your email address and the name of the sheet you'd like when you comment and I'll pass it on to Lisa.

Hope you enjoyed reading about this week's featured seller, Lisa of EYESview. Be sure to check back next week for an interview with another one of my favorite sellers!

3 comments:

  1. Great interview. Love Lisa's collage sheets, especially the scrabble size tweet birds.
    Cindy eiggam 44 at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cindy,

    Thanks for the comment! You're the first to reply so you'll receive your free sheet of images via email soon.

    Thanks for reading my blog and I hope to hear from you again soon! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cindy,

    Lisa said you email address didn't work. Can you please type it out exactly how it is written rather than with the spaces and words? I'll send it to her then.

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete