Friday, February 6, 2009

Celebrity "Fashion Flubs"

I'm not usually one to really CARE what the celebs are wearing but sometimes I do browse "fashion flub" photos. This one really got me thinking today.

Okay, I'll admit, some are pretty hideous but others seemed perfectly fine to me.... Take Taylor Momsen for example. While, yes, her expression is pretty bad, her outfit looks to me excatly like something she'd wear on "Gossip Girl" (at least during her rebelous phase, anyway). Another one that struck me was Jessica Alba. I didn't recognize her with the big sunglasses and the dark hair but what's wrong with her outfit? Walk across a college campus any day and find 20 girls dressed just like her in 5 mintues.

Maybe it's just because I'm in the deep South and we're about three years behind the trends but sometimes I wonder "what makes THAT hideous outfit fashionable while THIS hideous outfit isn't? They BOTH look hideous to me..."

I guess I'll just stick with my classic style and ignore the "fashion" of the second. After all, Audrey Hepburn did influence many of today's trends (skinny jeans, ballet flats, etc.). ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment