Tonight, we saved $7 at the book store (could have been $17 had I gone yesterday and used the coupon that is now expired :( ) and we also saved $17 at Publix between coupons and sales. :)
So... I decided to make a coupon binder! I have one of those little 4x6 expandable organizers but I've got so many types of coupons, they won't all fit anymore. Tomorrow, I'm going to get some baseball card holders and dividers and make a proper notebook. I printed out a list of 40 categories to include and I'm going to get to sorting!
Stuff to know about couponing:
- Some stores double coupons up to $1 total (the coupon can be up to $.50 and still double)
- Some stores let you use store and manufacturer coupons (this is called stacking)
- Match coupons with sales to get the best prices
- Items usually go on sale every 3-4 months, so stock up when you have a coupon and a sale
- Buy multiple copies of the Sunday paper to get duplicate coupons
- Print coupons online; most sites let you print two
- Only use coupons on products you'd normally buy- buying something just because you have a coupon for it is NOT saving money!
- Go online to read your store's coupon policy