Beyond this Cage
For this giveaway, I asked Marcy if she could tell us a little about herself. Here's what she had to say:
1) Please tell me a little about yourself. I am originally from a small town south of New Orleans. I moved to the Charlotte area a little over 3 years ago with my husband, daughter, and son (okay, he’s actually a dog but he doesn’t know it). In my former life (prior to motherhood, that is) I was a rehabilitation counselor working as a group home supervisor/case manager to developmentally and physically disabled women. Now I am a full time stay at home mom and die hard craftster!I love to play with my daughter, read (although I never have time), listen to music, spend time with my family, craft, decorate, and of course make jewelry!
2) Please tell me about how you got started making jewelry. I have always dabbled in the arts since I was young, taking painting classes and experimenting with photography. A few years ago my mom wanted to take a jewelry class and thought my sister and I would enjoy it as well. I learned basic techniques that day but never had the time to really enjoy it. After my daughter was born, I was going through some boxes and came across my old jewelry supplies. I originally started making jewelry again to break the monotony of being home all the time, but slowly realized how passionate I was about it. I really feel like it is my way of releasing my inner artist and my true creative outlet!
3) What inspires you most? EVERYTHING! Really, I am always inspired whether it be the new growth on the trees or the rusty falling down building near my daughter's school. I see creative potential in anything around me: my family, nature, movies, music, art, words, colors, love, life, etc.
For this giveaway, Marcy has generously offered one of my readers a beautiful black and white vintage locket necklace that she calls Black Tie Affair. She designed it especially for this contest- everyone is sure to love it!!
Visit EclecticOrchid and tell me your favorite item. There are so many beautiful things to choose from, picking just one might be a challenge! (REQUIRED)
Bonus Entries: (Please leave individual comments for each entry so that it will be counted!)
1) Purchase an item from EclecticOrchid (5 extra entries)
2) Follow my blog.
3) Follow Marcy's blog.
4) Blog about this giveaway and give me the link.
5) Follow me on Twitter and give the giveaway a Tweet.
The contest will end on April 13th at 11:59 pm CST and the winner will be contacted by noon the following day. Be sure to include your email address so I can contact you if you are the lucky winner! You will have 48 hours to respond before a second winner is chosen.
Good luck and I hope you enjoy Marcy's work as much as I do!