Monday, June 6, 2011

Finally made the coupon binder!

I posted a week or so ago about making a coupon binder. I tried to do it but I'm sooo organized that I was having trouble getting it exactly right so I gave up on it for a while. Today I tried it again and this time, I found a YouTube video where a lady showed how she made her coupon binder and what she included in it. I got some great ideas and modified them for my own.

I included a "good prices" list found at Pinching Your Pennies (click on PYP Price List to download the list), sections for the main stores I go to, and a section with categories of manufacturer coupons. Within each of the store sections, I included a copy of the coupon policy for each store, a sheet protector for this week's ad, a paper clip to hold together the coupons I know I'll be using there, and a few baseball card holders for coupons that are from that store but I might not use on this shopping trip. Within the manufacturer coupon section, I found a list of categories and made 21 dividers with several (2-4) baseball card holders for each division. I also included categories for restaurants and retail stores in the back.

If you're interested in making your own coupon binder, it's pretty easy. Here's what you'll need:
  • Large binder (mine is 2" but that might be too small)
  • Page dividers (I used 21, the ones with pockets on them are good)
  • Sheet protectors (for large coupons, coupon policies, store ads, coupon inserts, etc)
  • Baseball card holders (mine came from Target; I got 60 and used about 55 of them)
  • List of coupon categories (can be found online, modify for what you buy)
  • Other considerations: good sales price list, coupon policy for the stores you shop at (in case a cashier needs clarification on something lol), coupon inserts from the newspaper, folder, pen, paper clips (to hold the coupons you plan on using on this shopping trip), scissors, extra sheet protectors and baseball card holders

Happy couponing!

2 comments:

  1. I just want to ask how do we fix terms if I wanted to buy one of the advetised jewels in this page.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not exactly sure what you mean by "fix terms if I wanted to buy one of the advetised jewels" but if you would like to purchase an item from one of my Etsy stores, you can do so at either one of the shops: http://BisouBisouBeads.etsy.com and http://october102006.etsy.com

    ReplyDelete