Sunday, December 13, 2009

My Pretty Pink Box- December



Hello all! I've been doing a horrible job keeping up with the blog, I know, but life gets so busy sometimes! I hope you'll forgive me and that you enjoy reading the few things that I do post on occasion. :)

This time, I'm reviewing December's My Pretty Pink Box. My Pretty Pink Box is a company started by my fellow Mark representative, Linda Granillo. Linda, like many of you reading this (myself included), loves beauty products and makeup. She asks people to send beauty samples to her, packs "pretty pink boxes" full of their great products, and sells them to other ladies (like you!) who love beauty products. I've bought two of her boxes in the past year or so and I get so excited to see what goodies are in my box! While there are about 10 participants each month, not all boxes include all products so it's a surprise to see what you'll get!

Here's a review of the items in my box!

I received two full size eye shadows from Everyday Naturals. The shades were Pic Nic (a buttery yellow) and Beach Towel (a navy blue). The containers are large and hold lots of eye shadow, which is great. At $6 a piece, they are a good buy too! While I haven't tried Beach Towel (I don't like dark shadows, though I may make it into a liquid eyeliner), I did try Pic Nic. It would make a great base or brow highlighter because of the pale color. My only complaint is that it's messy and gets all over your cheek bones when you apply it.

Next, I received a sample of Skin Nutrition's Dynamic Wrinkle Reducer. Since I'm only in my 20s, I didn't see much need for this one, so I didn't even try it. I'm somewhat skeptical of products like this because I know too much about biology to think they'll work. You see, your skin's pores are small so large molecules like those that tend to be in products of this type don't absorbe into your skin. If you are interested in trying Skin Nutrition's products, click the banner above to visit their website.

I also received a full size eye shadow from Sassy Minerals. Fashionista is a shimmery shade of "rich copper with silver sparkle". I am surprised by this product because I didn't think I would like it at all. It looks extremely sparkly which is just too much for me; however, when you apply it, it's a much more muted tone with a more subtle sparkle. I like the look of this shadow and I'm sure I'll use it frequently, especially since it's only $4.25!

In addition to the makeup, I received a Swarovski crystal cell phone charm from He Qi Crystal Design. As a jewelry maker myself, I can say that it is very well made, but very overpriced (in my opinion) at $9.50. He Qi has lots of pretty designs all made with Swarovski crystals on her website that you can see by clicking the banner above.

Another makeup item that I received was Abbey St. Clare's full size Glimmer Dust. To me, the product was a disappointment. It didn't have much color and I couldn't see any "glimmer" even after I applied several layers. It might work better on ladies with a darker skintone than my super-fair one.

Lastly, I received a sample of The All Natural Face's mineral eye shadow in Brandied Peach. I LOVE this eye shadow. I'm always skeptical about powder eye shadows because they are often so messy but this one is just the opposite. It stays just where you put it and provides a good pigment payoff with just a little shadow. Honestly, I loved it so much, that I went to their website (click the banner above) and ordered about $25 worth of products just because of how great the eye shadow was! If you order before Dec. 17th, you can receive 15% off your entire purchase. The All Natural Face also has an Etsy shop for those of you who enjoy shopping there (note that the sale is not valid there).


Well, that's what was in my box and what I thought of it, ladies. There are four other participating companies that you might receive products from, too! If you want to buy your own My Pretty Pink Box for just $10.49 + S&H, click the banner at the top of this post. Hurry, this box is only available through Dec. 31 or until sold out!

Visit My Pretty Pink Box to learn more about the process, participating in next month's box, December's participants, and more!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment